Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Downer much?

Upon reflection and reading of my previous entries I came to the realization that I have been quite a downer lately! How anyone reads that stuff without getting depressed themselves is beyond me! I mean, yes, my life is going through quite the trying time, and yes, money is tight as usual, but what do I have to be so down about? I have great health, in my opinion I'm starting to resemble Garrard Butler circa 300 when I take my shirt off (HAHAHAHAHAHA! Not really but I can pretend), I'm close with my family, I'm close with one of my oldest and bestest friends who also coincidentally shares my interest, and I have a great amount of opportunity presenting itself to me!

How often do we let the little things break us down? Doesn't it feel like we're often just taking advantage of the good things in our lives, by ignoring them and focussing on the negative? What I don't understand is why with so much to be up beat and happy about, we focus on what's wrong, when it's typically the minority? What I do know is that I can work hard to focus on the good now, I have an opportunity to get back in touch with my family and everything they have going on, I have an opportunity to have an amazing summer even if I only end up becoming a better and closer friend to one of the more amazing people I know, and I have an opportunity to advance my career and skill set. Don't focus on what's bad, there is very little to be gained from self-deprication and a bad mood, but much to be gained by a positive outlook. I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope you all take the time to enjoy your life, busy, and hectic though it may be. Remember, there's always good in even the worst of situations.

Steven OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment